- Premesh is the co-founder of Malaysiakini. Before new media took him hostage, he was a journalist at TheSun, researched labour issues with the Malaysian Trade Union Congress and campaigned for human rights with Suaram. He can’t remember much of the physics he studied at university, but still enjoys reading about quarks and time travel. He has done two fellowships – TED and Chang-Lin Tien, and recognised as the Media Personality of the Year in 2012 by the local advertising industry association.
- Mano’s biological age is 48 but thinks he’s 36. He has accumulated 28 years of experience, primarily in finance and general management. He is active in community projects and the cooperative movement. He’s a strong advocate of whisky consumption, rather than beer.
- After studying in University Malaya, Shamini spent a dozen years in human resources, corporate secretary work and handling legal matters. She currently serves as the Group HR and Legal Manager. On the fun side, she enjoys playing pool, catching up with friends, cycling, reading and sight seeing.
- Ting Ting leads advertising sales across the Malaysiakini Group. She is known to be smart, polished and engaging as she explains why there is no better option to reach decision makers than Malaysiakini and Kinibiz.
- Hairul has served in both the private and government sectors where his greatest challenge lay in handling national events with GLCs. Marketing (online and offline), Retail (FMCG), Customer Service and Logistics are his specialties and he’s met a lot of angry people along the way. The most important thing about him is that he hates cockroaches and loves cats. He also loves big bikes and doesn’t know how to swim.
- Aizu is a marvel at all things technology and loves doing it on his Mac gadgets. Although from Kelantan, he is more a digital native. He’s a quick coder and has an eye for design and front-end programming, an extremely rare breed these days.
- Guna has worked for over 30 years as a journalist and analyst in Malaysia, holding key editorial positions in The Star, The Edge and Malaysian Business. He has also been head of Malaysian equity research at foreign and local brokerages. He likes to play tennis (badly), go for walks (slowly) and take the occasional joy of a wilderness trek (with difficulty).
- Despite being a law graduate, a love for words and serendipity started Nesa on a career as a sub-editor with Business Times 17 years ago. She has since worked for several English language newspapers in Malaysia as well as abroad and has never managed to escape the realm of business news. When not in the newsroom she can be found buried in a book, traveling or indulging in dark chocolate and tea. Nesa is a firm believer in the merits of cats, books, and a cuppa tea.
- A geology graduate turned writer, Khairie was previously a sub-editor in the legal publishing industry before making the jump into full-time writing. He is especially interested in real estate and property matters. When not cracking his head over business and finance, he enjoys writing on other subjects and is known to be unnaturally fond of em dashes.
- Stephanie has always been interested in news and the news gathering process and wanted to be a part of it. Now after two years of working in the corporate communication world, she is looking forward to reporting on the same. “As a junior reporter just starting out, I have much to learn and look forward to doing so from my colleagues at KiniBiz. I hope to be able to deliver business stories that are fair, factual, interesting and can be easily understood by the readers,” she says.
- Quan Min has always been curious about the world around him. At university while pursuing a Bachelor of Commerce, he dabbled in fringe courses like Cinema Studies. For two years he attempted a conventional life in the corporate world working as a financial consultant at a Big Four accounting firm but found it too restrictive for his inquisitive spirit. Now he believes he has found his calling as a journalist with KiniBiz.
- Khairul has had an off-beat career in various industries covering IT, advertising, biscuits, mineral water, cooking oil, margarine, ghee, used cars, toothpaste, hair gel, deodorants, body scrub, feminine hygiene, water filters, therapeutic mattresses, children’s clothes, chocolate brownies, cookies, used books, nasi lemak and writing. He is enjoying his time in KiniBiz.
- Many have taken the liberty to mention that Xavier’s jump from Psychology to Journalism is a leap of rather large proportions. He disagrees. In his own words, it was more of a stumble, trip and fall into the world of business journalism, which gets more intriguing each time he looks at it. When not attempting to unravel this new mystery, he either plays games (computer, tabletop and board) or nestles in a corner of his comfy bed, mug of hot tea in hand and unapologetically lost in the captivating realm of fantastical creatures, magic and battles that is a good book.
Sub Editors & Graphics
- Hannef is a graduate of UiTM Shah Alam majoring in Literature. He has taught at various local colleges and language centres around Kuala Lumpur and decided to venture into writing and editing in 2011 after a few stints as a part time writer and contributor for local online and printed publications. He hopes to
widen his horizons and and explore his potential at KiniBiz.
- Amelia is a HELP University graduate with a degree in Mass Communication. Having been told she has a flair for language, she believes that being in a news company would further broaden her horizons and help her go beyond her current capabilities. Currently, she is studying the Japanese language over the weekends. Ask her for a word in Japanese, and she will provide you with the correct translation. Probably.
- Syariman majored in TESL at university and then decided that his true calling lay in graphic design. He now works on giving us wildly creative and multi-coloured graphics. Who says business has to be dull and in shades of grey. Syariman is very much a visual person who is not so good with words. Well, they do say a picture paints a thousand words. He loves the movies, playing music and watching his favorite team Arsenal FC play. COYG!